Important Service Announcement:
F&M Bank is performing scheduled maintenance this Sunday, October 20th from 8:00am - 5:00pm PT. You may experience a brief service interruption during this time. Should you have questions, please contact the F&M Client Care Center at (866) 437-0011. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Think You Are a Victim of Fraud?
Please call our Fraud Support Hotline at (562) 344-2350.
Reporting Suspicious Email
- Reporting Suspicious Information - Are you receiving suspicious information such as e-mails requesting your online banking User ID and password, ATM PIN, or telling you your Debit Card has been deactivated? Have you received any other security notices or information you think may be suspect?
Web Browser Security
Common Types of Fraud
- E-mail and Other Scams
- Phishing, Vhishing and Smishing - Learn more about current scams that have been reported.
- Top 10 Consumer Scams – Protect yourself throughout the year. Find out more about the top 10 banking scams directly from the FDIC to help you stay prepared.
- What You Need to Know About Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks.
How You Can Protect Yourself
- E-mailing sensitive information and/or documents – Register for Farmers & Merchants Bank’s Secure E-Mail service and rest-assured that your communications and any sensitive information attachments like loan documents, tax returns, and personal identification details are secure when you send them to us. Send a secure e-mail1.
- Protecting Your Information - Learn more about how you can stop internet pirates from stealing your personal information.
- Protect Your Debit Card – Learn more about how to protect your F&M Debit Card online transactions with MasterCard® SecureCode™.
- Spyware Prevention & Detection - Best practices on Spyware prevention and detection.
- Review your statements thoroughly and promptly report any activity you don't recognize.
- Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information – Computer Security